I am a library director working in higher education. I write mainly to reflect on professional practice for CPD, and to better understand library and education work. I believe in big tent librarianship.
My pronouns are he/him.
An unordered list of some of my interests:
- The role of libraries in supporting widening access and participation in higher education, and improving outcomes and attainment.
- Working-class lived experience of higher education and subjectivities.
- Critical theories applied to library and education practice, particularly postmodern and deconstructive approaches.
- Postmodern trends in library and information science, especially the impact of the web on information organisation.
- Cycling. I cycle in London and elsewhere and am a randonneur. I mostly cycle fixed wheel.
This blog reflects my own views and options, and does not represent the views, opinions, or policies of my employer.