I am a library director working in higher education. I write mainly to reflect on professional practice about, and as CPD; and to better understand library and education work. I believe in big tent librarianship.
My pronouns are he/him.
My interests include:
- The role of libraries in supporting equity and widening participation (WP) in higher education, and improving attainment, outcomes and progression.
- Working-class lived experience of higher education and subjectivities.
- Critical theories, of various traditions, applied to library and education practice.
- Postmodern trends in library and information theory and practice, especially the impact of the web on information organisation.
- Cycling. I cycle in London and elsewhere and am a randonneur / audax cyclist. I mostly cycle fixed wheel.
This blog reflects my own views and opinions, and does not represent the views, opinions, or policies of my employer or any other organisation I am affiliated with.